Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who manufacture furniture and fixtures made of wood or other materials. They are employed in furniture and fixtures manufacturing establishments.
foreman/woman, desk assembly, foreman/woman, furniture assembly, laminating foreman/woman, supervisor, furniture and fixture manufacturing, supervisor, furniture finishers, supervisor, woodworking machine operators, woodworking machine operators foreman/woman.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who assemble furniture and fixtures of any materials, operate woodworking machines and finish furniture to specified colour or finish
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Furniture and Fixtures Manufacturing in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Harbour House Grill opened in Innisfil
- The City of Waterloo laid off nine employees as a result of a city-wide organizational review
- The Waterloo Region Small Business Centre is accepting applications until May 17 for youth who are interested in starting their own business this summer
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Groves Memorial Community Hospital in Wellington received $5.5M from the provincial government to continue work on the design of the new hospital
- Babcock & Wilcox Canada Ltd., a steam generation products manufacturer, laid off 26 workers at its Cambridge location
- Foley’s Furnishing in Collingwood will close, affecting nine full-time employees and one part-time employee
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- HGS Canada will expand its contact centre operations to Barrie, creating 500 jobs initially with the potential for future growth within the year. The company is currently hiring both entry level and management positions.
- Graham Construction of Mississauga was awarded a design-build contract for the new Canadian Forces Military Police Academy building at Canadian Forces Base Borden. The $54M project expects to create 173 jobs and to be completed in 2015.
- Construction started on a $3.1M roundabout project in Cambridge, which is expected to take three months to complete
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Bourgeois Motors Ltd., a car dealership in Midland, is moving to a larger facility in August 2013 and plans to hire more employees
- Date Modified: