Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in motor vehicle production departments. They are employed in plants which manufacture automobiles, vans and light trucks.
area co-ordinator – motor vehicle manufacturing, assembly foreman/woman – motor vehicle manufacturing, foreman/woman – motor vehicle manufacturing, general supervisor, assembly – motor vehicle manufacturing, supervisor, assembly – motor vehicle manufacturing, zone supervisor, assembly – motor vehicle manufacturing.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers in motor vehicle manufacturing production departments such as body shop, chassis, paint, trim and hardware and final assembly
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Wages for Supervisors, Motor Vehicle Assembling in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||18.00||32.00||39.42||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region||18.00||33.77||39.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|London Region||18.00||32.00||39.42||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||18.00||32.00||39.42||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Toronto Region||18.00||32.00||39.42||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||18.00||32.00||39.42||NoteLink opens in a new window|
Ontario Job Futures
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. The Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
You can view a report specific to this occupation on Ontario Job Futures
- Date Modified: