Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Fishing vessel deckhands perform a variety of manual tasks on commercial fishing voyages, and maintain fishing vessels. They are employed by establishments that operate commercial fishing vessels and by self-employed fishermen/women.
crewman/woman, fishing vessel, deckhand, seiner, fishing vessel deckhand, icer, fishing vessel, netmender, fishing vessel, trawlerman/woman.
- Prepare nets, lines and other fishing tackle, and operate fishing gear to catch fish and other marine life
- Clean, sort and pack fish in ice and stow catch in hold
- Repair nets, splice ropes and maintain fishing gear and other deck equipment
- Clean deck surfaces and fish hold
- Handle mooring lines during docking
- May steer vessels to and from fishing areas
- May prepare and cook meals for crew members.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Wages for Fishing Vessel Deckhands in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: