Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Railway and motor transport labourers perform a variety of tasks to assist track maintenance workers and railway yard workers, or motor transport operators. They are employed by railway transport companies and motor transport companies.
car checker, railway, delivery truck helper, furniture mover helper, mover helper, railway labourer, signal gang helper, swamper – truck transport, truck driver helper.
- Transport tools and equipment on push or hand car and perform other duties to assist railway track maintenance workers to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Cut vegetation growth from railway tracks using scythes and mowers
- Check freight cars for physical damage and cleanliness.
- Assist truck and delivery drivers to load and unload vehicles
- Perform labouring duties in warehouses.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Outlook & Prospects for Railway and Motor Transport Labourers in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Knape & Vogt Manufacturing Co. is closing its furniture facility in Kitchener by the second half of 2014 and moving the operation to Grand Rapids, Michigan, affecting more than 230 workers
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Harbour House Grill opened in Innisfil
- The City of Waterloo laid off nine employees as a result of a city-wide organizational review
- The Waterloo Region Small Business Centre is accepting applications until May 17 for youth who are interested in starting their own business this summer
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Groves Memorial Community Hospital in Wellington received $5.5M from the provincial government to continue work on the design of the new hospital
- Babcock & Wilcox Canada Ltd., a steam generation products manufacturer, laid off 26 workers at its Cambridge location
- Foley’s Furnishing in Collingwood will close, affecting nine full-time employees and one part-time employee
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- HGS Canada will expand its contact centre operations to Barrie, creating 500 jobs initially with the potential for future growth within the year. The company is currently hiring both entry level and management positions.
- Graham Construction of Mississauga was awarded a design-build contract for the new Canadian Forces Military Police Academy building at Canadian Forces Base Borden. The $54M project expects to create 173 jobs and to be completed in 2015.
- Construction started on a $3.1M roundabout project in Cambridge, which is expected to take three months to complete
- Date Modified: