Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who handle, move, load and unload materials by hand or using a variety of material handling equipment. They are employed by transportation, storage and moving companies, and by a variety of manufacturing and processing companies and retail and wholesale warehouses.
bin filler, coal handler, conveyor console operator, forklift truck operator, freight handler (except air transport), furniture mover, lumber piler – building supplies, material handler, railway car loader, stockpiler, storage worker – material handling, truck loader, warehouseman/woman.
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or using basic material handling equipment
- Move household appliances and furniture onto and off moving trucks or vans
- Set up rooms for events, dismantle moveable walls and partitions, and organize or set up office furniture
- Perform other material handling activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking.
- Operate winches and other loading devices to load and unload materials onto and off trucks, railway cars and loading docks of warehouses and industrial establishments
- Operate industrial trucks, tractors, loaders and other equipment to transport materials to and from transportation vehicles and loading docks and to store and retrieve materials in warehouses
- Connect hoses or pipes and operate equipment to load and unload liquid petroleum, chemical or other products into or from tank cars, tank trucks or storage tanks
- Operate equipment to dump materials such as coal, ore and grain into or to remove materials from railway cars, trucks or other vehicles
- Operate conveyors and equipment to transfer grain or other materials from transportation vehicles to elevators, bins or other storage areas
- May perform other activities, such as opening containers and crates, filling warehouse orders, assisting in taking inventory and weighing and checking materials.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Jobs for Material Handlers in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 66 job postings in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-21||Forklift operator (Forklift Operator)||GEEP Realty Inc.||
|2013-05-21||Material handler||PIVOTAL Staffing||
|2013-05-21||Forklift truck operator||PIVOTAL Staffing||
|2013-05-17||Operator, forklift||Turn Key Staffing Solutions||
|2013-05-17||Warehouse worker - material handling (Distribution Center)||2291215 Ontario Inc o/a Advantage Personnel||
|2013-05-17||Forklift truck operator (must have current and valid ticket)||ESS Direct Inc.||
|2013-05-16||Forklift operator||2291215 Ontario Inc o/a Advantage Personnel||
|2013-05-16||Helper, warehouse keeper (Warehouse Helper (unloading goods))||The Staffing Connection||
|2013-05-16||Hand packager||The Staffing Connection||
|2013-05-16||Labourer - warehousing and storage (Cold Storage)||Express Employment Professionals||
|2013-05-16||Warehouseperson (and Tire Installer)||Royal Distributing||
|2013-05-15||Warehouseman/woman (for loading/unloading)||Liberty Linehaul||
|2013-05-15||Forklift truck operator||Ice River Springs Water Co. Inc.||
|2013-05-15||Forklift operator||Peoplesource Staffing Solutions||
|2013-05-15||forklift operator||APPLEONE EMPLOYMENT SERVICES||
|2013-05-14||Labourer - material handling||Onward Hardware (div of Richelieu Hardware Canada Ltd)||
|2013-05-14||Forklift operator (Certified Forklift Operator)||Manpower||
|2013-05-14||Forklift operator||AllStaff Inc.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: