Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Cabinetmakers use a variety of woods and laminates to construct and repair wooden cabinets, furniture, fixtures and related products. They are employed by furniture manufacturing or repair companies, construction companies and cabinetmaking contractors, or they may be self-employed.
cabinetmaker, cabinetmaker apprentice, custom wood furniture maker, furniture cabinetmaker.
- Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications
- Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on wood
- Operate woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, mortisers and shapers, and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws or other fasteners
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
- May estimate amount, type and cost of materials required.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Outlook & Prospects for Cabinetmakers in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Tech Jobs+ is hosting a recruitment event on Tuesday June 18 from 5pm to 7pm at the Waterloo Inn in Waterloo
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Economical Insurance is laying off 104 staff in the information technology and underwriting departments in Waterloo as part of its business transformation program to streamline operations
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Hitachi Construction Truck Manufacturing Ltd. has completed the $32M expansion of its Guelph facility. The company plans to bring 500 new jobs to the area by 2018.
- Sears Canada Inc. opened a Sears Hometown store in Orillia
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- A $60M expansion project of the existing Tanger Outlets Cookstown mall will create 125 jobs during construction and 400 retail jobs upon completion
- Bioenterprise Corporation is receiving $367,500 from FedDev Ontario to support Southern Ontario entrepreneurs in the agri-technology sector
- The Vista Hospitality Group is converting the Delta Kitchener-Waterloo Hotel to a Crowne Plaza Hotel in downtown Kitchener. Renovation costs are about $8M and the project is expected to be completed by April 2014.
- ONRoute service centres is hosting a job fair at Cambridge Career Connections on May 29 and 30th from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, in Cambridge
- Date Modified: