Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who iron, press or otherwise finish garments and household articles. They are employed by dry cleaning, laundry and fur cleaning establishments, and by laundries in hotels, hospitals and similar establishments.
- Operate finishing equipment such as steam pressers, and use hand irons to finish pants, jackets, shirts, skirts and other dry cleaned and laundered articles
- Hand iron laundered fine lace or dry-cleaned silk garment
- Operate fur ironing and glazing equipment to finish fur garments and other fur articles
- Fold and bag dry cleaned and laundered articles
- May operate laundering equipment.
Workers in this group may specialize in finishing suede, leather, fur and delicate articles.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Wages for Ironing, Pressing and Finishing Occupations in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region||10.25||11.25||16.45||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: