Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Announcers and other broadcasters read news, sports, weather, commercial and public service messages and host entertainment and information programs for broadcast on radio or television. They are primarily employed by radio and television stations and networks and by commercial firms that produce advertisements for radio or television.
announcer, broadcaster, disc jockey – broadcast, news reader, radio host/hostess, sports announcer, talk show host/hostess, television host/hostess, traffic reporter, weather reporter.
- Select and introduce music, videos and other entertainment material for broadcast and make commercial and public service announcements
- Act as host/hostess or master of ceremonies, introduce and interview guests and conduct proceedings of shows or programs
- Read news, sports and weather for radio and television
- Report on weather conditions using information provided by weather forecasting services
- Report on traffic conditions by maintaining contact with external sources of information or by observing traffic from air or land vehicle
- May present own material or material prepared by others.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Wages for Announcers and Other Broadcasters in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: