Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Announcers and other broadcasters read news, sports, weather, commercial and public service messages and host entertainment and information programs for broadcast on radio or television. They are primarily employed by radio and television stations and networks and by commercial firms that produce advertisements for radio or television.
announcer, broadcaster, disc jockey – broadcast, news reader, radio host/hostess, sports announcer, talk show host/hostess, television host/hostess, traffic reporter, weather reporter.
- Select and introduce music, videos and other entertainment material for broadcast and make commercial and public service announcements
- Act as host/hostess or master of ceremonies, introduce and interview guests and conduct proceedings of shows or programs
- Read news, sports and weather for radio and television
- Report on weather conditions using information provided by weather forecasting services
- Report on traffic conditions by maintaining contact with external sources of information or by observing traffic from air or land vehicle
- May present own material or material prepared by others.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Outlook & Prospects for Announcers and Other Broadcasters in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Ontario.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- October 2013 | (PDF, 461 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 461 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 474 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 513 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 463 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 462 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 506 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 245 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 249 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 500 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 313 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- The Toronto Star will lay off between 75 and 100 people in its editorial, and finance and administration departments
- Ericsson Canada received $3M in funding through the Youth Jobs Strategy to expand its R&D centre in Ottawa, creating 35 positions for new graduates and retaining 105 existing positions
- Execulink Telecom opened a new head office in Woodstock and plans to hire eight additional employees
- Date Modified: