Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Announcers and other broadcasters read news, sports, weather, commercial and public service messages and host entertainment and information programs for broadcast on radio or television. They are primarily employed by radio and television stations and networks and by commercial firms that produce advertisements for radio or television.
announcer, broadcaster, disc jockey – broadcast, news reader, radio host/hostess, sports announcer, talk show host/hostess, television host/hostess, traffic reporter, weather reporter.
- Select and introduce music, videos and other entertainment material for broadcast and make commercial and public service announcements
- Act as host/hostess or master of ceremonies, introduce and interview guests and conduct proceedings of shows or programs
- Read news, sports and weather for radio and television
- Report on weather conditions using information provided by weather forecasting services
- Report on traffic conditions by maintaining contact with external sources of information or by observing traffic from air or land vehicle
- May present own material or material prepared by others.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Outlook & Prospects for Announcers and Other Broadcasters in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Ontario.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The Museum of Civilization in Ottawa laid off 14 staff due to a budget shortfall. The layoffs affected various departments, however no researchers or curators were lost.
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Canadian Jewish News will stop publishing in June affecting 50 employees in Toronto and Montreal
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- ARADA Systems Inc., a wireless communication company, is opening a research and development office in Windsor and is expected to hire 20 engineers with the potential to grow to more than 50 within the year
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Date Modified: