Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Graphic arts technicians assist in conceptualizing a project, interpreting design specifications or sketches, preparing the page make-up, lay-out and lettering, and preparing production materials for press, electronic or multimedia publishing. They are employed by publishing, communications, advertising, marketing, printing and multimedia establishments, and by television and film production companies. They may also be self-employed.
animated cartoon technician, animation painter, computer graphics technician, graphics technician, multimedia graphic design technician.
- Review the graphic designer's instructions
- Produce or assist in developing and producing design concepts
- Capture elements such as titles, text, drawings, illustrations, graphics, lettering, colour harmonization, etc. using a computer
- Produce computerized images and drawings
- Digitize images using peripherals and transform them using retouching systems, graphic palettes or specialized software
- Perform the layout, page make-up and placement using the conceptual mock-ups provided
- Produce proofs and camera-ready materials and prepare film and any other prepress materials
- Paint or ink individual cells of 2-D or 3-D animated drawings according to animator's specifications using an electronic palette
- Lay out, draw or paint letters, figures, logos and designs for windows, advertisements, billboards, vehicles, books and publications using specialized software or painting equipment
- Work in an interdisciplinary environment.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Wages for Graphic Arts Technicians in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||12.45||13.60||14.35|
|Prince Edward Island||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Date Modified: