Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Journalists research, investigate, interpret and communicate news and public affairs through newspapers, television, radio and other media. Journalists are employed by radio and television networks and stations, newspapers and magazines. Journalists may also work on a freelance basis.
book reviewer, broadcast journalist, columnist, correspondent, cyberjournalist, investigative reporter, journalist, network reporter, news commentator, newspaper critic, reporter, television news anchorperson.
- Collect local, national and international news through interviews, investigation and observation
- Write news stories for publication and broadcast
- Receive, analyze and verify news and other copy for accuracy
- Arrange for and conduct interviews as part of research and for radio and television programs
- Research and report on developments in specialized fields such as medicine, science and technology
- Prepare regular feature columns and stories on specialized topics
- Write editorials and commentaries on topics of current interest to stimulate public interest and express the views of a publication or broadcasting station
- Write critical reviews of literary, musical and other artistic works based on knowledge, judgement and experience.
Journalists may specialize in print, broadcast or Webcast media, in particular issues such as political affairs or entertainment news, or in a particular geographic area.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Wages for Journalists in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: