Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Instructors and teachers of persons with disabilities teach children and adults with physical and developmental disabilities communication techniques, such as Braille or sign language, and rehabilitation skills to increase independence and mobility. They are employed in rehabilitation centres, specialized educational institutes and throughout the elementary and secondary school system.
instructor, orientation and mobility, job coach for persons with disabilities, rehabilitation instructor, sign language instructor, teacher of Braille, teacher of persons who are blind, teacher of persons who are hearing impaired, teacher of persons who are intellectually impaired, teacher of persons with a physical disability, teacher, rehabilitation.
- Instruct students who are blind or visually impaired in reading and writing Braille and in the use of special equipment
- Instruct students who are deaf or hearing impaired in lip-reading, finger spelling and sign language, according to individual communication needs
- Instruct students who are hearing impaired in formation and development of sounds for speech using hearing aids and other devices
- Instruct individuals with physical disabilities and their families in the use of rehabilitative techniques, prosthetic devices, wheelchairs and other equipment designed to minimize the effects of a disability
- Assist individuals with intellectual impairments and physical disabilities to develop life skills, and provide job training and support.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Wages for Instructors and Teachers of Persons with Disabilities in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: