There are 307 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Drafting technologists and technicians prepare engineering designs, drawings and related technical information, in multidisciplinary engineering teams or in support of engineers, architects or industrial designers, or they may work independently. They are employed by consulting and construction companies, utility, resource and manufacturing companies, all levels of government and by a wide range of other establishments.
architectural draftsperson, computer-assisted design and drafting technologist, computer-assisted drafting (CAD) technician, design and drafting technologist, drafting technician, drafting technologist, draftsperson, electrical draftsperson, electromechanical draftsperson, electronic draftsperson, engineering design and drafting technologist, mechanical draftsperson, steel detailer – drafting, structural draftsperson, structural steel drafter-detailer, supervisor, drafting office.
- Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations
- Develop and prepare design sketches
- Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
- Write technical reports
- Prepare contracts and tender documents
- Prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings, plans, diagrams or layouts from sketches
- Operate computer-assisted drafting equipment or a conventional drafting station
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Jobs for Drafting Technologists and Technicians in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting 2,800 Regular Force, and 5,400 part-time Reserve Force members for a wide range of careers across Canada.
The mission of the Canadian Forces is to protect Canada, defend North America in co operation with the U.S., and contribute to international peace and security. On any given day, about 8,000 Canadian Forces members - one third of our deployable force - are preparing for, engaged in or returning from an overseas mission. At home, Canadian Forces can bring the best available military resources from across Canada to bear on a crisis or threat, wherever it occurs, nation-wide.
To learn about the requirements and application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: