Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes mechanics and technicians who install, adjust, repair and overhaul aircraft instrument, electrical or avionics systems on aircraft. This unit group also includes avionics inspectors who inspect instrument, electrical and avionics systems following assembly, modification, repair or overhaul. Workers in this unit group are employed by aircraft manufacturing, maintenance, repair and overhaul establishments and by airlines, the armed forces and other aircraft operators.
aircraft electrical technician, aircraft electrician, aircraft instrument mechanic, aircraft instrument technician, aircraft maintenance engineer (AME) – avionics, avionics maintenance technician, avionics technician, inspector, avionics, instrument inspector, aircraft, instrument overhaul and repair mechanic – avionics.
- Aircraft instrument mechanics and technicians repair and overhaul, install, calibrate and test aircraft instruments.
- Aircraft electrical mechanics and technicians repair and overhaul, modify, install and test aircraft electrical systems and equipment.
- Avionics mechanics and technicians troubleshoot, repair and overhaul, test, modify, install and inspect aircraft electronic systems and components including communications, navigation, and autoflight equipment.
- Avionics inspectors inspect and test aircraft instrument, electrical and avionics systems and ensure that the installation, maintenance, repair and overhaul of these systems meet Transport Canada and company standards of performance and safety.
Aircraft mechanics and technicians who work in repair and overhaul shops service and test electrical, electronic and instrument components.
Avionics mechanics and technicians who work in maintenance hangars troubleshoot, repair, install and inspect aircraft systems and components.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Outlook & Prospects for Aircraft Instrument, Electrical and Avionics Mechanics, Technicians and Inspectors in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Tech Jobs+ is hosting a recruitment event on Tuesday June 18 from 5pm to 7pm at the Waterloo Inn in Waterloo
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Economical Insurance is laying off 104 staff in the information technology and underwriting departments in Waterloo as part of its business transformation program to streamline operations
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Hitachi Construction Truck Manufacturing Ltd. has completed the $32M expansion of its Guelph facility. The company plans to bring 500 new jobs to the area by 2018.
- Sears Canada Inc. opened a Sears Hometown store in Orillia
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- A $60M expansion project of the existing Tanger Outlets Cookstown mall will create 125 jobs during construction and 400 retail jobs upon completion
- Bioenterprise Corporation is receiving $367,500 from FedDev Ontario to support Southern Ontario entrepreneurs in the agri-technology sector
- The Vista Hospitality Group is converting the Delta Kitchener-Waterloo Hotel to a Crowne Plaza Hotel in downtown Kitchener. Renovation costs are about $8M and the project is expected to be completed by April 2014.
- ONRoute service centres is hosting a job fair at Cambridge Career Connections on May 29 and 30th from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, in Cambridge
- Date Modified: