Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Customs brokers clear goods through customs and to their destination on behalf of importer and exporter clients. Ship brokers buy and sell cargo space on ships and buy and sell ships, yachts and other watercraft on behalf of clients. This unit group also includes other brokers, not elsewhere classified, who negotiate commercial transactions or other services between parties on behalf of clients. They are employed by customs, ship or other brokerage establishments or may be self-employed.
cargo broker, chartered ship broker, customs broker, gas broker, licensed customs broker, ship broker.
- Prepare and process import/export documents and other forms on behalf of clients according to customs regulations, laws and procedures
- Sign import/export documents on behalf of client, using power of attorney
- Arrange for payment of duties, taxes, storage and transportation of imported goods and bonds to cover duty goods
- Quote duty and tax rates on commodities for clients
- Provide advice to clients on export and import restrictions, tariff systems, letters of credit, insurance requirements and other custom related matters
- May represent client before administrative tribunals or in other dealings with government officials.
- Buy and sell cargo space on ships on behalf of individuals, companies and governments
- Consult trade publications and other sources to provide information to clients on available cargo space, destinations, rates and departure locations and times, and arrange ship charters for clients
- Negotiate rates and terms and prepare contracts and other papers
- Buy and sell ships, yachts and other watercraft on behalf of clients
- Inspect vessels, explain features and negotiate price when purchasing or selling for clients
- Arrange for insurance coverage for cargo or for ships
- Arrange for registration and licensing of ships.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Jobs for Customs, Ship and Other Brokers in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: