Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Insurance underwriters review and evaluate insurance applications to determine insurance risks, insurance premiums and extent of insurance coverage according to company policies. Insurance underwriters are employed at head and branch offices of insurance companies.
- Review individual and group applications for automobile, fire, health, liability, life, property, marine, aircraft and other insurance
- Evaluate new and renewal applications to determine insurance risks, insurance premiums, extent of insurance coverage and other conditions of the insurance contract using medical reports, rate tables and other documents and reference materials; adjust premiums, coverage or risk itself to make acceptance of new and renewal applications possible
- Approve sale of insurance policies and ensure compliance with government regulations
- Provide recommendations on individual or group insurance plan designs
- Provide underwriting advice and answer inquiries from clients and from insurance agents, consultants and other company personnel
- Prepare underwriting reports and update insurance forms when necessary.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Jobs for Insurance Underwriters in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 2 job postings in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-25||senior underwriter||SUN LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY OF CANADA||
|2013-05-16||commercial underwriter - insurance||THE DOMINION OF CANADA GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: