Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Pulp mill machine operators operate and monitor various types of processing machinery and equipment to produce pulp. They are employed by pulp and paper companies.
assistant bleacher operator – pulp and paper, assistant digester operator, cook's first helper – pulp and paper, field operator – pulp and paper, grinderman/woman – pulp and paper, refiner operator – pulp and paper, repulper operator, screenman/woman – pulp and paper, thermomechanical pulp assistant operator.
- Operate and monitor screening equipment, bleaching equipment, digesters, mixing tanks, washers, and other pulp processing machinery and equipment to carry out one or more cellulose processing steps
- Observe equipment and machinery panel indicators, gauges, level indicators and other equipment instruments to detect machinery and equipment malfunctions and ensure process steps are carried out according to specifications
- Communicate with pulping control operator to make process adjustments and start up or shut down machinery and equipment as required
- Collect processing samples and conduct titration tests, pH readings, specific density tests and other routine tests on pulp and solutions
- Maintain and complete production reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Pulp Mill Machine Operators in Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Automotive parts manufacturer, TG Minto Corp., plans to start production in Stratford this July, currently hiring for up to 70 positions
- SDI Builders Ltd. of London will begin a $960K+ renovation project in June at St. Joseph’s School in Clinton
- Heather & Little Ltd. awarded $368K contract to renovate the Wingham Town Hall in North Huron this summer
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Construction has started on a new 23,000-sq.-ft. Toyota auto dealership in Exeter
- Construction has begun on the new LCBO building in Listowel at the Carriage Shopping Centre
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Cedarwell Excavating Ltd. to begin a nine-week re-construction of 13th Avenue in Hanover this month
- Clinton Raceway construction project to be completed by opening day May 19
- Date Modified: