Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes roofing, masonry, painting and other construction trade contractors, not elsewhere classified, who own and operate their own business. Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of various tradespersons, installers, repairers and servicers classified in the following minor groups: <i>Masonry and Plastering Trades</i> (728), <i>Other Construction Trades</i> (729) and <i>Other Installers, Repairers and Servicers</i> (744). They are employed by a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the unit group descriptions. This unit group also includes prefabricated product installation and service contractors and proprietors of some repair and service establishments.
bricklaying contractor, cement finishing contractor, foreman/woman, glaziers, foreman/woman, insulators, foreman/woman, plasterers, painting contractor, pest control supervisor, roofing contractor, supervisor, bicycle repair shop, supervisor, painters and decorators, supervisor, tilesetters.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of construction workers engaged in bricklaying, roofing, cement finishing, tilesetting, plastering, drywall installation, glazing, insulating and painting, and workers who install and service prefabricated products in residential and commercial properties, as well as workers who repair a wide variety of products, such as musical instruments, sports equipment, vending machines, bicycles and cameras
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other subcontractors
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare work progress reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Other Construction Trades, Installers, Repairers and Servicers in Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Wingham and District Hospital will receive provincial government funding for renovations and new construction. Work will start by spring 2014.
- Chesley District High School will undergo a $2.1M renovation to convert it to a JK-12 school which will be ready in September 2014. Kinghurst Community School will close in June 2014 and its students transferred to Chesley.
Week of Dec 31 – Jan 04, 2012
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
- The Town of Hanover and the Municipality of Brockton began the $6M expansion of the Hanover-Walkerton landfill site. The facility will be operational by the fall 2013.
Week of Oct 29 – Nov 02, 2012
- Villarboit Development Corporation continues construction work on the 60,000-sq.-ft. Heritage Grove plaza in Owen Sound
- Date Modified: