Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Dry cleaning and laundry supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Dry Cleaning and Laundry Occupations</i> (6681) and <i>Ironing, Pressing and Finishing Occupations</i> (6682). They are employed by dry cleaning and laundry establishments, fur cleaning establishments, commercial laundries and laundries in hotels, hospitals and other institutions.
dry cleaning supervisor, foreman/woman – laundry and dry cleaning, laundry supervisor, production supervisor, dry cleaning.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of dry cleaning and laundry staff
- Establish and implement production routines and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Monitor quality and production levels
- Requisition supplies
- Hire and train or arrange for training of workers
- Oversee the cleaning of suedes, leathers and other difficult items.
Outlook & Prospects for Dry Cleaning and Laundry Supervisors in Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Kelsey¿s restaurant in Owen Sound will close by the end of December, affecting approximately 40 employees
- Green Arc Tire Manufacturing Inc. plans to open a $37M tire retreading plant in St. Marys next February, creating 340 jobs
- Construction of the new Zurich Library in Bluewater will commence in the next couple of weeks. The $1M project is expected to be completed in the Spring.
- Construction is underway for a Bayfield Foodland Store in Bluewater. An LCBO will also open in the area. Both are expected to open by May 2014.
- Date Modified: