Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Dental technologists and technicians design, prepare and fabricate dentures and dental devices as prescribed by dentists and other specialists. Dental laboratory bench workers assist dental technologists and technicians in preparing and fabricating dentures and other dental devices. They are employed in dental laboratories. Supervisors of dental technologists and technicians are also included in this unit group.
ceramic denture moulder, dental laboratory bench worker, dental technician, dental technician supervisor, dental technologist, denture finisher, denture wax pattern former, orthodontic band maker, registered dental technician, registered dental technologist.
- Design, fabricate or repair dental devices including full or partial dentures, crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, clasps and bands, and implants
- May consult with dentists or other specialists on problematic dental cases
- May train and supervise other dental technicians or dental laboratory bench workers in fabricating dentures and other dental devices
- May perform supervisory and administrative functions for the dental laboratory.
- Prepare plaster models and moulds from dental impressions
- Prepare wax bite-blocks and impression trays
- Cast gold or metal alloys for bridges and denture bases
- Pack plastic material in moulds to form full or partial dentures
- Mould wax over denture set-up to form full contours of artificial gums
- Make orthodontic bands from gold, silver, stainless steel or other metals
- Finish metal framework of dentures and polish and buff dentures to obtain natural finish.
Outlook & Prospects for Dental Technologists, Technicians and Laboratory Bench Workers in Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Cedarwell Excavating Ltd. to begin a nine-week re-construction of 13th Avenue in Hanover this month
- Clinton Raceway construction project to be completed by opening day May 19
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- A Delicate Edge, a new clothing boutique and hair salon, will open in Kincardine on Queen Street in May
- Sundown Theatre to perform in Kincardine this summer, seeking local actors and musicians who must register by May 31 in order to audition
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Wingham and District Hospital will receive provincial government funding for renovations and new construction. Work will start by spring 2014.
- All eight Bruce Power plant nuclear generating units in Tiverton are now again in full operation. Bruce Power is currently seeking supply chain, IT, project management, operations and maintenance staff.
- Chesley District High School will undergo a $2.1M renovation to convert it to a JK-12 school which will be ready in September 2014. Kinghurst Community School will close in June 2014 and its students transferred to Chesley.
- The Stratford Accelerator Centre, which offers support to technology-based business start-ups, officially opens in May
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new Winners store opened at the Heritage Grove Shopping Centre in Owen Sound creating approximately 70 jobs. Additional stores set to open at the centre include Value Village, Michael's, the Dollar Tree and Future Shop.
- The new Residential Hospice of Grey Bruce located at the Seasons Retirement Home in Owen Sound will open in May and hire an executive director, nurses and personal service workers
- Cana-Vac has moved its assembly operations from Owen Sound to Stratford, affecting 42 employees in total. It is recruiting accounting, engineering, customer service, purchasing, manufacturing and inventory staff for its Stratford location.
- Date Modified: