Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Veterinarians prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and disorders in animals and advise clients on the feeding, hygiene, housing and general care of animals. Veterinarians work in private practice or may be employed by animal clinics and laboratories, government or industry.
small animal veterinary specialist, veterinarian, veterinary inspector, veterinary pathologist, veterinary physiologist, zoo veterinarian.
- Diagnose diseases or abnormal conditions in animals through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds or performing surgery
- Perform routine, emergency and post-mortem examinations
- Inoculate animals to prevent diseases
- Provide obstetrical and dental services
- Advise clients on feeding, housing, breeding, hygiene and general care of animals
- Provide euthanasia services
- May supervise animal health technologists and animal care workers
- May be responsible for overall operation of animal hospital, clinic or mobile service to farms
- May conduct veterinary research
- May enforce government regulations in disease control and food production including animal or animal-based food inspection.
Wages for Veterinarians in Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||40,273||63,775||136,743|
- Date Modified: