Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Engineer officers, water transport, operate and maintain main engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment aboard ships and other self-propelled vessels and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of engine room crews. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments including the armed forces.
chief engineer – water transport, engineer officer – water transport, fourth engineer, marine engineer officer, marine engineer officer – military, second engineer, third engineer, tugboat engineer.
- Operate main engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment aboard ships, such as boilers, steering and deck machinery, motors, pumps, generators and condensers
- Stand engine room watch, monitoring and noting performance of engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Inspect and conduct maintenance and emergency repair to engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of engine room crew
- Maintain records and prepare reports on engine performance and failures.
Outlook & Prospects for Engineer Officers, Water Transport in Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- A Delicate Edge, a new clothing boutique and hair salon, will open in Kincardine on Queen Street in May
- Sundown Theatre to perform in Kincardine this summer, seeking local actors and musicians who must register by May 31 in order to audition
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Wingham and District Hospital will receive provincial government funding for renovations and new construction. Work will start by spring 2014.
- All eight Bruce Power plant nuclear generating units in Tiverton are now again in full operation. Bruce Power is currently seeking supply chain, IT, project management, operations and maintenance staff.
- Chesley District High School will undergo a $2.1M renovation to convert it to a JK-12 school which will be ready in September 2014. Kinghurst Community School will close in June 2014 and its students transferred to Chesley.
- The Stratford Accelerator Centre, which offers support to technology-based business start-ups, officially opens in May
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new Winners store opened at the Heritage Grove Shopping Centre in Owen Sound creating approximately 70 jobs. Additional stores set to open at the centre include Value Village, Michael's, the Dollar Tree and Future Shop.
- The new Residential Hospice of Grey Bruce located at the Seasons Retirement Home in Owen Sound will open in May and hire an executive director, nurses and personal service workers
- Cana-Vac has moved its assembly operations from Owen Sound to Stratford, affecting 42 employees in total. It is recruiting accounting, engineering, customer service, purchasing, manufacturing and inventory staff for its Stratford location.
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Woodcock Brothers Transportation Group in Sebringville, in the Township of South Perth will be laying off six employees at the end of March resulting from the loss of a business contract
- Date Modified: