Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Agricultural and fish products inspectors inspect agricultural and fish products for conformity to prescribed production, storage and transportation standards. They are employed by government departments and agencies and by private sector food processing companies. Supervisors of agricultural and fish products inspectors are also included in this group.
agricultural products inspector, crop certification inspector, dairy products inspector, fish inspector, fish products inspector, fruit and vegetables inspector, grain inspector, livestock inspector, meat inspector, plant protection inspector, poultry inspector, supervisor, agricultural products inspection, supervisor, fish products inspection.
- Fish and fish products inspectors inspect fish, fish products, fish handling and processing methods and prepare reports and ensure that regulations are followed.
- Fruit and vegetables inspectors inspect fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables at inspection centres and prepare reports on crop production and market conditions.
- Grain inspectors inspect and grade all classes of grain at terminal elevators, monitor the fumigation of infested grain, and examine storage, handling and transportation equipment to ensure that sanitary procedures are followed.
- Meat inspectors monitor the operations and sanitary conditions of slaughtering and meat processing plants and inspect carcasses to ensure they are fit for consumption.
- Plant protection inspectors certify seed crops, oversee the quarantine, treatment or destruction of plants and plant products, and the fumigation of plants and plant product imports and exports.
Outlook & Prospects for Agricultural and Fish Products Inspectors in Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Kelsey¿s restaurant in Owen Sound will close by the end of December, affecting approximately 40 employees
- Green Arc Tire Manufacturing Inc. plans to open a $37M tire retreading plant in St. Marys next February, creating 340 jobs
- Construction of the new Zurich Library in Bluewater will commence in the next couple of weeks. The $1M project is expected to be completed in the Spring.
- Construction is underway for a Bayfield Foodland Store in Bluewater. An LCBO will also open in the area. Both are expected to open by May 2014.
- Date Modified: