Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Letter carriers sort and deliver mail, record delivery of registered mail and collect money for cash-on-delivery parcels. Letter carriers are employed by Canada Post Corporation.
- Organize mail by address and load into mailbag
- Deliver letters, small parcels and other printed matter along established routes
- Deliver telegrams, special delivery and express mail
- Collect payment for cash-on-delivery service
- Record delivery of registered mail
- Leave notices that items could not be delivered and the location where they can be picked up
- Return undeliverable mail to postal station.
Outlook & Prospects for Letter Carriers in Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Mar 25 - Mar 29, 2013
- Woodcock Brothers Transportation Group in Sebringville, in the Township of South Perth will be laying off six employees at the end of March resulting from the loss of a business contract
- Algoma Central Corporation has hired about 15 local tradespersons to service ships docked at the Owen Sound harbour
- Date Modified: