Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Medical secretaries perform a variety of secretarial and administrative duties in doctor's offices, hospitals, medical clinics and other medical settings.
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients
- Prepare, key in, edit, and proofread medical records, reports, articles, case histories and correspondence from machine dictation, shorthand and handwritten notes using computers
- Interview patients in order to complete forms, documents and case histories
- Complete insurance and other claim forms
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and records
- Prepare financial statements and billing procedures
- Order supplies and maintain inventory
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.
Wages for Medical Secretaries in Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||12.00||20.00||25.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: