Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Conference and event planners plan, organize and co-ordinate conferences, conventions, meetings, seminars, exhibitions, trade shows, festivals and other events. They are employed by tourism associations, trade and professional associations, convention and conference centres, governments and by conference and event planning companies.
conference and meeting planner, conference planner, conference services officer, convention co-ordinator, event planner, festival organizer, meeting planner, special events organizer, trade show planner.
- Meet with trade and professional associations and other groups to promote and discuss conference, convention and trade show services
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets and to review administrative procedures and progress of events
- Co-ordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, conference and other facilities, catering, signage, displays, translation, special needs requirements, audio-visual equipment, printing and security
- Organize registration of participants, prepare programs and promotional material, and publicize events
- Plan entertainment and social gatherings for participants
- Hire, train and supervise support staff required for events
- Ensure compliance with required by-laws
- Negotiate contracts for services, approve suppliers' invoices, maintain financial records, review final billing submitted to clients for events and prepare reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Conference and Event Planners in Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Cedarwell Excavating Ltd. to begin a nine-week re-construction of 13th Avenue in Hanover this month
- Clinton Raceway construction project to be completed by opening day May 19
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- A Delicate Edge, a new clothing boutique and hair salon, will open in Kincardine on Queen Street in May
- Sundown Theatre to perform in Kincardine this summer, seeking local actors and musicians who must register by May 31 in order to audition
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Wingham and District Hospital will receive provincial government funding for renovations and new construction. Work will start by spring 2014.
- All eight Bruce Power plant nuclear generating units in Tiverton are now again in full operation. Bruce Power is currently seeking supply chain, IT, project management, operations and maintenance staff.
- Chesley District High School will undergo a $2.1M renovation to convert it to a JK-12 school which will be ready in September 2014. Kinghurst Community School will close in June 2014 and its students transferred to Chesley.
- The Stratford Accelerator Centre, which offers support to technology-based business start-ups, officially opens in May
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new Winners store opened at the Heritage Grove Shopping Centre in Owen Sound creating approximately 70 jobs. Additional stores set to open at the centre include Value Village, Michael's, the Dollar Tree and Future Shop.
- The new Residential Hospice of Grey Bruce located at the Seasons Retirement Home in Owen Sound will open in May and hire an executive director, nurses and personal service workers
- Cana-Vac has moved its assembly operations from Owen Sound to Stratford, affecting 42 employees in total. It is recruiting accounting, engineering, customer service, purchasing, manufacturing and inventory staff for its Stratford location.
- Date Modified: