Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following minor groups: <i>Clerical Occupations, General Office Skills</i> (141), <i>Office Equipment Operators</i> (142) and <i>Administrative Support Clerks</i> (144). They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
clerical supervisor, data entry supervisor, filing clerks supervisor, hospital admitting clerks supervisor, medical records unit supervisor, personnel clerks supervisor, records office supervisor, registry supervisor, supervisor, switchboard operators.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: word processing; record keeping and filing; operating telephones and switchboards; data entry; desktop publishing; and other activities involving general office and administrative skills
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of office equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, General Office and Administrative Support Clerks in Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Cedarwell Excavating Ltd. to begin a nine-week re-construction of 13th Avenue in Hanover this month
- Clinton Raceway construction project to be completed by opening day May 19
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- A Delicate Edge, a new clothing boutique and hair salon, will open in Kincardine on Queen Street in May
- Sundown Theatre to perform in Kincardine this summer, seeking local actors and musicians who must register by May 31 in order to audition
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Wingham and District Hospital will receive provincial government funding for renovations and new construction. Work will start by spring 2014.
- All eight Bruce Power plant nuclear generating units in Tiverton are now again in full operation. Bruce Power is currently seeking supply chain, IT, project management, operations and maintenance staff.
- Chesley District High School will undergo a $2.1M renovation to convert it to a JK-12 school which will be ready in September 2014. Kinghurst Community School will close in June 2014 and its students transferred to Chesley.
- The Stratford Accelerator Centre, which offers support to technology-based business start-ups, officially opens in May
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new Winners store opened at the Heritage Grove Shopping Centre in Owen Sound creating approximately 70 jobs. Additional stores set to open at the centre include Value Village, Michael's, the Dollar Tree and Future Shop.
- The new Residential Hospice of Grey Bruce located at the Seasons Retirement Home in Owen Sound will open in May and hire an executive director, nurses and personal service workers
- Cana-Vac has moved its assembly operations from Owen Sound to Stratford, affecting 42 employees in total. It is recruiting accounting, engineering, customer service, purchasing, manufacturing and inventory staff for its Stratford location.
- Date Modified: