Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Accommodation service managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an accommodation establishment or of a department within such an establishment. They are employed by hotels, motels, resorts, student residences and other accommodation establishments, or they may be self-employed.
assistant manager, hotel, bed and breakfast operator, front desk manager, guest-house operator, hotel director, hotel manager, motel manager, reservations manager, seasonal resort manager, ski resort manager, tourist home operator.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the operation of the department or establishment
- Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Participate in the development of pricing and promotional strategies
- Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
- Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities for conventions, banquets, receptions and other functions
- Recruit and supervise staff, oversee training and set work schedules
- Resolve customer complaints.
Outlook & Prospects for Accommodation Service Managers in Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Ontario.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||2010-07-26|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Date Modified: