Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Purchasing managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a purchasing department and develop and implement the purchasing policies of a business or institution. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
contract manager, director, procurement operations, director, purchasing, food purchasing manager, manager, purchasing contracts, material manager, purchasing manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities of an establishment
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
- Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials
- Review and process claims against suppliers
- Interview, hire and oversee training of staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Purchasing Managers in Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Kelsey¿s restaurant in Owen Sound will close by the end of December, affecting approximately 40 employees
- Green Arc Tire Manufacturing Inc. plans to open a $37M tire retreading plant in St. Marys next February, creating 340 jobs
- Construction of the new Zurich Library in Bluewater will commence in the next couple of weeks. The $1M project is expected to be completed in the Spring.
- Construction is underway for a Bayfield Foodland Store in Bluewater. An LCBO will also open in the area. Both are expected to open by May 2014.
- Date Modified: