Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Textile fibre and yarn preparation machine operators operate machines to prepare textile fibres or to spin, wind or twist yarn or thread. They are employed by textile companies.
card tender, opening and blending operator, slasher operator – textile manufacturing, spinning operator – textile manufacturing, twisting operator – textile manufacturing, warping operator – textile manufacturing, wool scourer.
- Operate and feed machines that wash, mix, blend, pick, card, lap, comb or draw fibres
- Operate and feed yarn texturizing machines
- Operate spinning or twisting frames
- Operate winding or reeling machines
- Patrol work area to check for broken yarns or product defects
- Tie broken threads
- Investigate machine stoppages
- Notify supervisor or mechanic of equipment malfunction
- May assist with maintenance and minor repairs to machinery.
Wages for Textile Fibre and Yarn Preparation Machine Operators in London Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: