Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who fabricate, assemble and inspect mechanical and metal products, such as aircraft and aircraft parts, heavy trucks, buses, trailers, motor vehicle engines, transmissions, heating equipment, commercial refrigeration and similar metal products. They are employed by a wide variety of manufacturing companies.
aircraft assembly foreman/woman, engine assembly foreman/woman (except aircraft), foreman/woman, metalworking machine operators, foreman/woman, mobile home assembly, shipyard painter foreman/woman, supervisor, helicopter assembly, supervisor, snowmobile assembly, truck trailer assembly foreman/woman.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who assemble and inspect products such as aircraft, buses, heavy trucks, transmissions, automobile engines and refrigeration and heating equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machinery and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Other Mechanical and Metal Products Manufacturing in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- London-based Diamond Aircraft Industries Canada suspended its D-Jet program, resulting in the layoff of over 200 workers. The company, which plans to restructure, cites low sales and high costs as reasons for the layoffs.
Week of Feb 18 – Feb 22, 2013
- Date Modified: