Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in motor vehicle production departments. They are employed in plants which manufacture automobiles, vans and light trucks.
area co-ordinator – motor vehicle manufacturing, assembly foreman/woman – motor vehicle manufacturing, foreman/woman – motor vehicle manufacturing, general supervisor, assembly – motor vehicle manufacturing, supervisor, assembly – motor vehicle manufacturing, zone supervisor, assembly – motor vehicle manufacturing.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers in motor vehicle manufacturing production departments such as body shop, chassis, paint, trim and hardware and final assembly
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Motor Vehicle Assembling in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Birnam Excavating Ltd. has been contracted for the Carroll Street West construction in Strathroy-Caradoc. The total cost will be approximately $2.5M, with a tentative start date in mid-July.
- The London Black Fly Beverage Co. is planning to double its production capacity next year and expand into other markets. Six summer staff will be recruited to promote its new products.
- The London Artists in Residence Program was launched to support local professional artists. During the pilot year 10 artists were selected, and funding is in place for an expansion in 2013-2014.
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A 25,000 sq.-ft. Bed, Bath and Beyond has opened in London
- The London District Catholic school board issued 142 potential layoff notices to teachers
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new museum that features the HMCS Ojibwa submarine will bring 45 jobs in Port Burwell, near London
- Firstline Canada, a software development company, is opening in London and plans to hire 40 workers within two to three years
- Date Modified: