Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Chain saw and skidder operators operate chain saws to fell, delimb and buck trees, and operate skidders to move or yard the felled trees from the logging site to the landing area for processing and transportation. They are employed by logging companies and contractors.
bucker, chain saw operator, faller, feller, forest worker – logging, grapple skidder operator, landingman/woman, pieceworker – logging, skidder operator.
- Operate chain saw to fell, delimb and buck trees at the logging site and loading area
- Operate cable, or grapple skidder to move or yard the felled trees from the logging site to the landing area for processing and transportation
- Assess site, terrain and weather conditions before felling and yarding trees
- May work as member of a team rotating between chain saw operation and skidder operation
- May maintain and perform minor repairs on skidders, chain saws and other equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Chain Saw and Skidder Operators in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jun 17 - Jun 21, 2013
- A new $10M greenhouse facility at the Southern Crop Protection and Food Research Centre officially opened in London
- Masterfeeds Inc. is merging with Winnipeg-based Ridley Inc., and the combined company will be hiring for its head office in London and Southwestern Ontario feed mills
- Sand Plains Aquaculture will open a tilapia fish farm in Thames Centre, east of London, creating more than 10 jobs
- Date Modified: