Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Workers in this unit group stand watch, operate and maintain deck equipment and perform other deck and bridge duties aboard ships or self-propelled vessels under the direction of deck officers. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments including the armed forces.
able seaman/woman, boatswain – military, deckhand, ordinary seaman/woman, tunnel operator, ship, wheelsman/woman.
- Stand watch and steer ship or self-propelled vessel under the direction of the officer on watch
- Operate, maintain and repair deck equipment such as winches, cranes, derricks and hawsers
- Clean, chip and paint deck surfaces
- Handle mooring lines, and splice and repair ropes, wire cables and cordage.
Outlook & Prospects for Deck Crew, Water Transport in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 11 - Nov 15, 2013
- The new Boler Mountain Treetop Adventure Park will create 35 jobs in London
- Race Roster, a new London web-based company, intends on increasing its staff to 20 in the near future
- Your Neighborhood Credit Union will open a second branch in London
- Cargill¿s Purina Foods plant in Strathroy will undergo an $11M expansion to include all of the company¿s horse feed line
- Date Modified: