Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Machinists and Machining and Tooling Inspectors</i> (7231), <i>Tool and Die Makers</i> (7232) and <i>Machining Tool Operators</i> (9511). They are employed by metal products manufacturing companies and machine shops.
foreman/woman, automotive machine shop, foreman/woman, machinists, foreman/woman, maintenance machine shop, foreman/woman, tool and die makers, supervisor, machine shop, supervisor, machinists, supervisor, metal mould and metal patternmakers, supervisor, tool and die inspectors.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who machine metal into parts, products, tools and dies or moulds with precise dimensions
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment and write programs for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Machinists and Related Occupations in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Birnam Excavating Ltd. has been contracted for the Carroll Street West construction in Strathroy-Caradoc. The total cost will be approximately $2.5M, with a tentative start date in mid-July.
- The London Black Fly Beverage Co. is planning to double its production capacity next year and expand into other markets. Six summer staff will be recruited to promote its new products.
- The London Artists in Residence Program was launched to support local professional artists. During the pilot year 10 artists were selected, and funding is in place for an expansion in 2013-2014.
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A 25,000 sq.-ft. Bed, Bath and Beyond has opened in London
- The London District Catholic school board issued 142 potential layoff notices to teachers
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new museum that features the HMCS Ojibwa submarine will bring 45 jobs in Port Burwell, near London
- Firstline Canada, a software development company, is opening in London and plans to hire 40 workers within two to three years
- Date Modified: