Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who sell goods or services during home demonstrations or by telephone soliciting, retail exhibitions or street vending. They are employed by a wide range of retail and wholesale establishments, manufacturers, telemarketing companies and call centres, or they may be self-employed.
canvasser – retail, demonstrator – retail, direct distributor – retail, door-to-door salesperson, home demonstrator – retail, street vendor, telemarketer, telephone solicitor.
- Direct distributors, contact potential customers by phone or through personal contacts, demonstrate and sell products directly to individual customers or at sales parties and deliver purchased goods to customers.
- Door-to-door salespersons solicit sales and sell merchandise to residents of private homes.
- Street vendors set up and display merchandise on sidewalks or at public events to sell to the public.
- Telephone solicitors and telemarketers contact businesses or private individuals, by telephone, to solicit sales for goods or services or conduct market surveys
- Demonstrators arrange sales demonstration appointments, and show, describe and sell goods or services at wholesale, retail and industrial establishments, and at exhibitions, trade shows and private homes.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Elemental Sales Occupations in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 12 - Aug 16, 2013
- Shamrock Metal Recycling opened in May, employing three people with plans to add another seven as the business grows
- St. Thomas-Elgin General Hospital is outsourcing its transcription services to Accentus, resulting in the layoff of eight workers at the hospital
- Transcom North America will close its London call centre by January 2013, resulting in 100 to 150 layoffs
- Date Modified: