Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Ticket agents, cargo service representatives and related clerks (except airline), quote fares and rates, make reservations, issue tickets, process cargo shipment, check baggage and perform other related customer service duties to assist travellers. They are employed by bus and railway companies, freight forwarding and shipping companies, boat cruise operators and other public transit establishments and by travel wholesalers.
bus ticket agent, cargo customer service representative, counter service agent, railway, railway passenger agent, reservations clerk, railway, ticket agent (except airline).
- Answer customer inquiries, quote fares and assist clients in planning travel times and routes
- Reserve seats for tour companies, travel agencies, wholesalers and the general public
- Issue tickets, handle cash transactions and check baggage
- Receive and record bookings for package tours from retail travel agencies and supply information regarding available vacancies when working for wholesale travel companies.
- Quote fare and rates for cargo shipment
- Compute shipment costs including charges for services and insurance using rate tables and schedules and prepare and maintain shipping and other documents
- Check in passenger baggage and sort for loading by baggage handlers or may load baggage directly into buses, railway cars or cruise ships
- Trace lost or misdirected passenger baggage or cargo shipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Ticket Agents, Cargo Service Representatives and Related Clerks (Except Airline) in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Shamrock Metal Recycling opened in May, employing three people with plans to add another seven as the business grows
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- St. Anne's Catholic School in St. Thomas is expanding to accommodate the arrival of full-day kindergarten in September 2013. K+L Construction Limited holds the project contract, which is budgeted at approximately $1M.
- The Elgin Children’s Aid Society in St. Thomas issued layoff notices to 10 people due to a reduction in its budget. The agency will also make cuts to a number of services and programs.
- The diSTRICTLY Business Regional Expo of Enterprise will be taking place on June 6, 2013, at the Western Fair District’s Progress Building in London. Over 200 exhibitors are expected to be present.
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The Government of Ontario has partnered with Armo Tool Limited to expand production at its Middlesex plant, creating 14 new jobs and retaining 125 positions
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- The Ontario Hockey League announced that London has won the bid to host the 2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup. The event will take place from May 16-25, 2014.
- Date Modified: