Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Ticket agents, cargo service representatives and related clerks (except airline), quote fares and rates, make reservations, issue tickets, process cargo shipment, check baggage and perform other related customer service duties to assist travellers. They are employed by bus and railway companies, freight forwarding and shipping companies, boat cruise operators and other public transit establishments and by travel wholesalers.
bus ticket agent, cargo customer service representative, counter service agent, railway, railway passenger agent, reservations clerk, railway, ticket agent (except airline).
- Answer customer inquiries, quote fares and assist clients in planning travel times and routes
- Reserve seats for tour companies, travel agencies, wholesalers and the general public
- Issue tickets, handle cash transactions and check baggage
- Receive and record bookings for package tours from retail travel agencies and supply information regarding available vacancies when working for wholesale travel companies.
- Quote fare and rates for cargo shipment
- Compute shipment costs including charges for services and insurance using rate tables and schedules and prepare and maintain shipping and other documents
- Check in passenger baggage and sort for loading by baggage handlers or may load baggage directly into buses, railway cars or cruise ships
- Trace lost or misdirected passenger baggage or cargo shipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Ticket Agents, Cargo Service Representatives and Related Clerks (Except Airline) in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Birnam Excavating Ltd. has been contracted for the Carroll Street West construction in Strathroy-Caradoc. The total cost will be approximately $2.5M, with a tentative start date in mid-July.
- The London Black Fly Beverage Co. is planning to double its production capacity next year and expand into other markets. Six summer staff will be recruited to promote its new products.
- The London Artists in Residence Program was launched to support local professional artists. During the pilot year 10 artists were selected, and funding is in place for an expansion in 2013-2014.
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A 25,000 sq.-ft. Bed, Bath and Beyond has opened in London
- The London District Catholic school board issued 142 potential layoff notices to teachers
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new museum that features the HMCS Ojibwa submarine will bring 45 jobs in Port Burwell, near London
- Firstline Canada, a software development company, is opening in London and plans to hire 40 workers within two to three years
- Date Modified: