Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail and wholesale buyers buy merchandise for resale by retail and wholesale establishments and are usually responsible for the merchandising operations of retail and wholesale establishments. Retail and wholesale buyers who are supervisors and those who are assistants are included in this unit group.
appliance buyer, assistant buyer, buyer – retail, buyer – wholesale, chief buyer, clothing buyer, food buyer, merchandiser, produce buyer, taster and buyer, beverages.
- Purchase merchandise for resale by retail or wholesale establishments
- Review requirements of establishment and determine quantity and type of merchandise to purchase
- Study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
- Select the merchandise which best fits the establishment's requirements
- Interview suppliers and negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements
- Oversee distribution of merchandise to outlets and maintain adequate stock levels
- Establish and maintain contact with suppliers
- Supervise the work of other retail buyers.
Retail and wholesale buyers may specialize in a particular merchandise line.
Wages for Retail and Wholesale Buyers in London Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: