Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians provide technical support and services or may work independently in mechanical engineering fields such as the design, development, maintenance and testing of machines, components, tools, heating and ventilating systems, power generation and power conversion plants, manufacturing plants and equipment. They are employed by consulting engineering, manufacturing and processing companies, institutions and government departments.
HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) technologist, aeronautical technologist, heating designer, machine designer, marine engineering technologist, mechanical engineering technician, mechanical engineering technologist, mechanical technologist, mould designer, thermal station technician, tool and die designer, tool designer.
- Prepare and interpret conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering designs, drawings, and specifications for machines and components, power transmission systems, process piping, heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems
- Prepare cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Conduct tests and analyses of machines, components and materials to determine their performance, strength, response to stress and other characteristics
- Design moulds, tools, dies, jigs and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes
- Inspect mechanical installations and construction
- Prepare contract and tender documents
- Supervise, monitor and inspect mechanical installations and construction projects
- Prepare standards and schedules and supervise mechanical maintenance programs or operations of mechanical plants.
- Assist in preparing conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering designs, drawings and specifications
- Carry out a limited range of mechanical tests and analyses of machines, components and materials
- Assist in the design of moulds, tools, dies, jigs and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes
- Assist in inspection of mechanical installations and construction projects
- Participate in the installation, repair and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
Jobs for Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians in London Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 6 job postings in London Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-23||Mechanical engineering technologist||Tigercat Industries Inc||
|2013-05-22||Tool and die designer||Halliwell Consulting||
|2013-05-22||Mechanical engineering equipment designer (Product Specialist)||SLEEGERS Engineered Products Inc.||
|2013-05-22||Mechanical engineering equipment designer (Project Specialist - Fully Bilingual)||SLEEGERS Engineered Products Inc.||
|2013-05-10||service technician||Mark VII Equip. Inc.||
|2013-05-10||robotics technician||WELLINGTON PARTNERS||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: