Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following minor groups: <i>Clerical Occupations, General Office Skills</i> (141), <i>Office Equipment Operators</i> (142) and <i>Administrative Support Clerks</i> (144). They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
clerical supervisor, data entry supervisor, filing clerks supervisor, hospital admitting clerks supervisor, medical records unit supervisor, personnel clerks supervisor, records office supervisor, registry supervisor, supervisor, switchboard operators.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: word processing; record keeping and filing; operating telephones and switchboards; data entry; desktop publishing; and other activities involving general office and administrative skills
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of office equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, General Office and Administrative Support Clerks in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 09 - Dec 13, 2013
- Kellogg Company will be closing its London factory by the end of 2014, impacting approximately 500 remaining employees. Declining sales of breakfast cereal is the main reason cited for the impending closure.
- The new Boler Mountain Treetop Adventure Park will create 35 jobs in London
- Race Roster, a new London web-based company, intends on increasing its staff to 20 in the near future
- Your Neighborhood Credit Union will open a second branch in London
- Date Modified: