Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of health care policies, social policies and related programs designed to protect and promote the health and social welfare of individuals and communities. These managers are employed by government departments and agencies.
city medical officer of health, director, health information and promotion, director, housing policy and development, immigration and settlement director, manager, health program operations, manager, social services planning, social services director – government services.
- Participate in the development of health or social policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise health or social policy researchers, consultants or program officers who conduct research, prepare documents or administer programs for individuals and communities in areas such as health and social services, employment and immigration, labour or housing
- Plan, administer and control budgets for research and administration, support services and equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate health and social services projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Wages for Government Managers – Health and Social Policy Development and Program Administration in London Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||30.77||52.75||66.67||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region||30.77||52.75||66.67||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|London Region||30.77||52.75||66.67||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Northwest Region||30.77||52.75||66.67||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Ottawa Region||30.77||52.75||66.67||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Toronto Region||30.77||52.75||66.67||NoteLink opens in a new window|
Ontario Job Futures
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. The Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
You can view a report specific to this occupation on Ontario Job Futures
- Date Modified: