Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the programs and activities of social service and community agencies, correctional institutions, counselling departments, labour organizations, professional associations, political parties and non-governmental organizations.
administrator, child welfare services, area manager, family services, association director, children's aid society director, correctional institution director, detention centre director, director, community centre, director, correctional treatment and training, environmental group director, income maintenance director, labour organization manager, membership services manager, political organization manager, prison warden, regional administrator, social services, social assistance director, social work director, trade association manager, volunteer services director.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of social and community service programs such as income maintenance, children's aid and emergency housing services
- Manage the operations and activities of correctional facilities and detention centres
- Administer the programs of non-governmental organizations involved with social issues such as health care, human rights, consumer protection, international development and environmental protection
- Administer programs of membership organizations such as political parties, labour organizations, business and professional associations
- Establish administrative procedures to meet objectives set by board of directors or senior management
- Direct and advise professional and non-professional staff delivering services and programs to the general public and to the organization or association membership
- Plan, administer and control budgets for programs, equipment and support services
- Represent their respective organizations for the purpose of government liaison and media relations
- Participate in policy development by preparing reports and briefs for management committees and working groups
- Hire and provide training for professional and non-professional staff.
Wages for Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services in London Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: