Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, trade, broadcasting and other service companies not elsewhere classified. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these companies, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors.
chief executive officer (CEO), travel agency, chief financial officer (CFO), professional sports club, corporate controller, restaurant chain, executive director, automobile association, general manager, cleaning service, president, department store, regional vice-president, hotel chain, vice-president, engineering – television broadcasting services, vice-president, finance – food wholesaling, vice-president, marketing – grocery store chain, vice-president, operations – radio broadcasting services.
- Establish objectives for the company and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the company or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing or human resources or in the sale of a particular product or provision of a particular service.
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Trade, Broadcasting and Other Services, n.e.c. in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 11 - Nov 15, 2013
- The new Boler Mountain Treetop Adventure Park will create 35 jobs in London
- Race Roster, a new London web-based company, intends on increasing its staff to 20 in the near future
- Your Neighborhood Credit Union will open a second branch in London
- Cargill¿s Purina Foods plant in Strathroy will undergo an $11M expansion to include all of the company¿s horse feed line
- Date Modified: