Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, trade, broadcasting and other service companies not elsewhere classified. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these companies, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors.
chief executive officer (CEO), travel agency, chief financial officer (CFO), professional sports club, corporate controller, restaurant chain, executive director, automobile association, general manager, cleaning service, president, department store, regional vice-president, hotel chain, vice-president, engineering – television broadcasting services, vice-president, finance – food wholesaling, vice-president, marketing – grocery store chain, vice-president, operations – radio broadcasting services.
- Establish objectives for the company and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the company or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing or human resources or in the sale of a particular product or provision of a particular service.
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Trade, Broadcasting and Other Services, n.e.c. in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Birnam Excavating Ltd. has been contracted for the Carroll Street West construction in Strathroy-Caradoc. The total cost will be approximately $2.5M, with a tentative start date in mid-July.
- The London Black Fly Beverage Co. is planning to double its production capacity next year and expand into other markets. Six summer staff will be recruited to promote its new products.
- The London Artists in Residence Program was launched to support local professional artists. During the pilot year 10 artists were selected, and funding is in place for an expansion in 2013-2014.
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A 25,000 sq.-ft. Bed, Bath and Beyond has opened in London
- The London District Catholic school board issued 142 potential layoff notices to teachers
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new museum that features the HMCS Ojibwa submarine will bring 45 jobs in Port Burwell, near London
- Firstline Canada, a software development company, is opening in London and plans to hire 40 workers within two to three years
- Date Modified: