Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, membership and other organizations or institutions that deliver health, education, social or community services. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these organizations, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors.
chairperson, arts and culture association, chairperson, scientific association, chief financial officer (CFO), educational institution, corporate controller, social services institution, executive director, health services institution, executive director, professional association, executive director, voluntary organization, general manager, membership organization, president, business association, president, labour organization, president, music guild.
- Establish objectives for the organization or institution and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the organization or institution or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing, human resources or in a particular service area.
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Health, Education, Social and Community Services and Membership Organizations in London Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- A 25,000 sq.-ft. Bed, Bath and Beyond has opened in London
- The London District Catholic school board issued 142 potential layoff notices to teachers
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- A new museum that features the HMCS Ojibwa submarine will bring 45 jobs in Port Burwell, near London
- Firstline Canada, a software development company, is opening in London and plans to hire 40 workers within two to three years
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- St. Thomas-Elgin General Hospital is outsourcing its transcription services to Accentus, resulting in the layoff of eight workers at the hospital
- Date Modified: