Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourers</i> (8612) and <i>Nursery and Greenhouse Workers</i> (8432). They are employed by landscaping companies, cemeteries, lawn care and tree service companies, nurseries and greenhouses, and by landscaping departments of government and private establishments.
cemetery foreman/woman, greenhouse supervisor, groundskeeping supervisor, horticulture workers supervisor, landscaping foreman/woman, nursery foreman/woman, park caretaker, park supervisor, grounds maintenance, supervisor, nursery workers, supervisor, park labourers.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who perform the following duties: maintain lawns, gardens, athletic fields, golf courses, cemeteries, parks, interior plantscapes and other landscaped areas; spread topsoil and lay sod; spray, prune, cut and remove trees and shrubs; construct landscape and landscape structures; and plant, cultivate and harvest trees, shrubs, flowers and plants
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Landscape and Horticulture in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- A ground breaking ceremony for the $100M South Kent Wind Project, located in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent was held on May 1st
- Lambton Kent school Board issues layoff notices to 32 teachers due to declining enrolment
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Construction of $2.2M science labs at Dresden high school to commence late spring
- Construction of a 32,000 sq.-ft. building at new Leamington industrial park has started
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Construction started on the $57M multi-use recreational facility in the town of Lakeshore, near Windsor
- ElringKlinger Canada Inc. in Leamington is laying off 26 unionized workers on May 27
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Buffalo Wild Wings opened a new location at the Devonshire Mall in Windsor, creating 90 jobs
- LamSar Industrial Contractors in Sarnia will manufacture 20 process modules for Osum Oil Sands Corp. in Alberta, creating up to 45 jobs
- Date Modified: