Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Longshore workers transfer cargo throughout dock area and onto and from ships and other vessels. They are employed by marine cargo handling companies, shipping agencies and shipping lines.
dockworker, longshore worker, longshoreman/woman, ship loader operator, stevedore, tanker loader.
- Operate industrial trucks, tractors and other mobile equipment to transfer cargo, such as containers, crated items, automobiles and pallet-mounted machinery, around dock to within range of cranes and hoists
- Operate winches or other hoisting devices to load and unload cargo onto and from ships and other vessels
- Operate mechanical towers to load vessels with materials such as coal and ore
- Operate equipment to transfer bulk materials, such as grain, to hold of vessels
- Connect hoses and operate equipment to transfer liquid materials into storage tanks on vessels
- Perform other activities such as lashing and shoring cargo aboard ships, opening and closing hatches, cleaning holds of ships and rigging cargo.
Jobs for Longshore Workers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Windsor-Sarnia Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: