Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who operate vehicles and equipment to maintain streets, highways and sewer systems and operate garbage trucks to remove garbage and refuse. They are employed by municipal, provincial and federal public works departments and by private contractors under contract with government public works departments.
garbage truck driver, municipal maintenance equipment operator, public works maintenance equipment operator, salt truck operator, sand spreader operator, sanitation truck driver, sewer flusher operator-driver – public works, sewer-flushing truck operator, snow removal equipment operator – public works, street flusher operator, street sweeper operator, street sweeper operator – public works.
- Operate garbage trucks to remove garbage and other refuse and dump loads at designated sites
- Operate street cleaning equipment such as street sweepers or other vehicles equipped with rotating brushes to remove sand, litter and trash
- Operate snowploughs or trucks fitted with plough blades to remove snow from streets, highways, parking lots and similar areas
- Operate sewer maintenance equipment such as rodders and sewer jet cleaners to maintain and repair sewer systems
- Operate trucks equipped with road sanding and other similar apparatus
- Check, lubricate, refuel and clean equipment and report any malfunctions to supervisor.
Wages for Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators in Windsor-Sarnia Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||17.00||22.37||26.50||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: