Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics install and maintain oil, coal and wood heating systems in residential and commercial buildings. They are employed by heating systems installation and service companies.
heating system mechanic, heating technician, oil burner apprentice, oil burner installer, oil burner mechanic, oil burner mechanic apprentice, oil burner mechanic, residential, wood burner installer.
- Read and interpret drawings or specifications to determine work to be performed
- Lay out oil burner heating system components and assemble components using hand and power tools
- Install oil burner components such as thermostats, motors, piping and safety devices, and connect to fuel supply, ventilation and electrical system
- Test installed unit and adjust controls for proper functioning
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning oil burners, and their components and controls
- Install, maintain and repair coal and wood heating systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on oil and solid fuel heating systems.
Outlook & Prospects for Oil and Solid Fuel Heating Mechanics in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Imperial Oil Ltd. will close its Lubricant Blending Packing and Shipping Gate in Sarnia as it moves the operation to Edmonton in 2014, affecting up to 60 staff
- Heinz Canada to close its Leamington plant in mid-2014 affecting up to 740 employees
- Worthington Cyclinders of Canada Corp. in Tilbury will close its plant in January 2014, affecting close to 100 employees
- Lambton College¿s on-campus daycare program to close July 2014, affecting 21 staff
- Chatham-Kent Career Fair Thursday November 28 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at St. Clair College HealthPlex in Chatham
- CenterLine (Windsor) Ltd. will create a welding centre of excellence, expand its manufacturing floor and upgrade machinery, creating 31 new jobs and retaining 482 positions
- Personal care products manufacturer Pax-All Manufacturing Inc. moved its operations from Mississauga to a plant in Essex County in LaSalle last spring. It expects to hire 15-20 workers as production gets fully underway.
- Duffy¿s Tavern Amherstburg Inc. expects to close its tavern, motel and marina by end of 2013 as owner retires, affecting 40 employees
- Canadian pub chain Fox and Fiddle to open a location on Walker Road in Windsor by January 2014, creating 25 jobs
- Chatham-Kent Children¿s Services will cut an additional 20 staff effective April 2014
- Ethyl Corporation will close its Corunna site, near Sarnia, by mid-November, affecting approximately 30 employees
- Date Modified: