Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Textile machinery mechanics and repairers install, maintain, repair, overhaul and set up textile machinery such as looms, knitting machines, spinning frames and carding machines. They are employed by textile manufacturing companies.
card fixer, card grinder, fixer, textile machinery, knitting machine mechanic, loom fixer, loom technician, mechanic, textile machines, open-end technician, spinning fixer, textile fixer.
- Repair and overhaul electrical and mechanical systems on textile machinery
- Adjust and set up complex machinery for new patterns or products
- Perform maintenance such as cleaning and lubrication of textile machinery, and replace and align moving parts as required
- Recommend equipment changes or modifications and evaluate new equipment
- Troubleshoot, test run and verify machine for proper operation.
Outlook & Prospects for Textile Machinery Mechanics and Repairers in Windsor-Sarnia Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- A ground breaking ceremony for the $100M South Kent Wind Project, located in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent was held on May 1st
- Lambton Kent school Board issues layoff notices to 32 teachers due to declining enrolment
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Construction of $2.2M science labs at Dresden high school to commence late spring
- Construction of a 32,000 sq.-ft. building at new Leamington industrial park has started
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Construction started on the $57M multi-use recreational facility in the town of Lakeshore, near Windsor
- ElringKlinger Canada Inc. in Leamington is laying off 26 unionized workers on May 27
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Buffalo Wild Wings opened a new location at the Devonshire Mall in Windsor, creating 90 jobs
- LamSar Industrial Contractors in Sarnia will manufacture 20 process modules for Osum Oil Sands Corp. in Alberta, creating up to 45 jobs
- Date Modified: